I am an experienced elementary teacher of twenty-three years with a passion for reading and writing. I hope to instill this passion for books in my students. My first children's book was inspired by my 2010-2011 third grade class. I wove their personalities, interests, and themes of their favorite stories into the book titled The Time Travel Storm. I have completed a second book, The Time Travel Star, and hope to start a Time Travel Series.
My young adult novella, Beyond Vica, was released in July of 2014 and is an Amazon top 100 rated book. My first full length teen novel, To Be Honest, was released on July 21 of last year and has been nominated for an award in the category of Young Adult Contemporary Romance. All of my writing reflects relevant issues that young people face today. The teenagers in my home are a great sounding board for this.
Of course my first love is teaching. I feel truly blessed to be able to live my dream of not only teaching children, but writing stories for them to enjoy as well.
Balance the demands in your life to allow your passion and gifts to flourish. TC Booth
- 1 year as Learning Disabilities Tutor
- 1 year as Kindergarten Teacher
- 5 years as Fourth Grade Teacher
- 16 years as Third Grade Teacher
- Master's Degree in Classroom Curriculum & Instruction
- Serve as District RTI consultant at the Elementary Level
- Third Grade Language Arts Curriculum Representative
- RTI team leader
- Build Leadership Team Member