Sunday, November 25, 2012

Balance Yourself



   So much of what we do each day is a balancing act. Balancing the needs of students, all the demands of our job, our families, etc.  Balancing time for ourselves can get lost in it all. 

 For me personally,  I feel out of balance if I don't take care of myself mentally and spiritually. I need to take time to relax and read something inspirational.  I found a website called The TeacherDevotion.   A new weekly devotion from The Polished Apple devotions is posted each week. This week's devotion talks about the importance of our words as we strive to make a difference in each student's lives. 

  It reminds me of the quote, "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did,  but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

  So when I hit the ground running tomorrow, I will replay the words in my mind and keep my own words balanced with grace and encouragement for others.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...