Friday, March 22, 2013

Jumpin' Jelly Beans and Linky Time

  I'm officially on Spring Break and linking up with Doodle Bugs & TBA for Freebie Friday.


  . Here are my 5 randoms........

1. The  children  practiced using homophones in context by writing  and illustrating silly homophone sentences. They took turns sharing their sentences with the class. It was fun to hear them all !



2. I found these symmetrical eggs on Instant Display. These were a fun follow up to our symmetry lesson and perfect for the week before Spring Break.







3. I joined Ten Marks Math and love it. We're down to three weeks before our state testing. I've been creating assignments on Ten Marks for the children to review all skills and concepts taught so far. The kids like it because it's on the computer.


4. My March Madness reading contest is in full swing. One team has read 1,836 minutes and the other has read 1, 360.

5. I introduced Probability today by giving each child a plastic egg filled with 10 jelly beans.  I'm sharing the Jumpin' Jelly Bean Probability printable I created to go along with this activity. After the lesson, the children ate their jelly beans. Click on the picture to download. :)







Freebie Fridays

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the freebie. I love your March Madness reading contest.

    Just found your blog and I am happy to say I'm your newest follower.

    Stop by my place anytime.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your freebie! Thank you so much! So glad I found you through the linky!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...