Thursday, May 28, 2015

Last Day of School Poem







 I wrote a poem for my class this year instead of a story like I'd done in the past.  This class loves to learn! The boys are obsessed with learning about WWII. They even wanted to start  a WWII book club. The class also likes to be challenged. That pushed me to think higher and be more creative. They are a pretty special group of kiddos. Today was our last day of school, so I read the poem to them and attached a copy in their memory books.





Here is the poem I wrote for them:





To My Third Grade Class
Love,
Mrs. Booth

It’s been a year full of fun

I can hardly believe the year is done



You’ve taught me as much as I’ve taught you

Through all of the things you like to do

Brainteasers, writing, World War II

You’ve challenged me to challenge you



Each one of you is so unique

I enjoyed being with you week after week

There’s one thing I don’t want you to forget
Here it is get ready, get set



Your third grade teacher believes in you

To make all of your hopes and dreams come true
And when you do, I’ll shout it loud

That’s my student, I’m so proud


So my 2014-2015 third grade class

Remember the good times we’ve had

Smile and laugh; don’t be sad

You’ve grown all year and the time is here


For you to move onto your fourth grade year


 ©Tammi Booth

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...