Monday, July 22, 2013

Tip Tuesday





Here at the Balanced Classroom I'm trying to hold myself accountable to post consistently and provide helpful information for my fellow educators. I decided to create Tip Tuesday and invite you to join me in sharing tips for other teachers. The tips can be about anything useful you've discovered or that you do in the classroom. It can be a classroom management tip, classroom set up tip, teaching tip, etc.

  My very first Tuesday Tip is something I've done for the last two years that has eased some busy work for me.

  I used to have classroom jobs with helpers assigned to each job for the week. This required keeping track of who did what job to make sure everyone had a turn. At the suggestion of one my colleagues, I tried something to simplify this.

As most of you do, I assign numbers for each child in my classroom. So I found this cute monster clip art at Scrappin Doodles and used Photoshop to put numbers on each chalkboard.





I bought open metal rings at a craft store and after laminating each monster,  I punched a hole in each. I put all the odd numbered monsters on one ring and the even on another.



 I hung the two rings on metal magnetic hooks. The first week of school my helpers are numbers 1 & 2.  I only have two helpers each week that do everything.( pass papers out, run errands, etc.) The next week I just flip the next two helpers over. It is quick and easy!


What tips do you have to share?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...