Monday, September 10, 2012

Fabulous Fables



  I'm excited to begin my fable unit this week. I'll start it off with the story What About Me?  from our Reading Street Series. The children will explore fables from my theme box and share their favorite.
  We will of course read The Boy Who Cried Wolf. The story is also good timing for our Character Education week kick off to emphasis honesty.
  After my fable unit I transition into folktales in time for Johnny Appleseed's birthday. Keeping it all balanced!
  I have created a page to practice identifying the moral of a story using details in the text. CCore RL 3.3 This is the freebie I am sharing this week.
 I now have a complete unit for Folktales, Fables, and Myths available at my TPT store. 
                                                                                         
     Fables Folktale Myth Unit                                                               Fable Freebie
                                                                
 
                        
Tammi 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday



2 comments:

  1. Great way to help students focus on finding text support for their thoughts about the meaning of a fable!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...