Friday, March 1, 2013

Let's Talk Shop and Freebies

 Everyone has their own style of managing Reading Workshop. I'm linking up with Ideas By Jivey to share Reading Workshop ideas. I use Reading Workshop as an extension of my core reading instruction. I reinforce the skill taught during core instruction through guided reading. Along with the skill , I concentrate on applying reading strategies. While I meet with small groups, the other children are buddy reading or independent reading. I end each workshop, which runs about 30-40 minutes, with a  book share. The kids really like this part of reading workshop and are interested in what everyone is reading. My Reading Workshop tickets can be part of book share.( Click to read the post about this)
                                                                             
                                                                      

     Right now my children are doing book club reading during reading workshop and are applying the strategies practiced all year. My book clubs are like literature circles where each child has a job they're responsible for.  You can click below to get an anchor page, an organizer, and rubric for the Predicting Strategy that is part of my reading bundle. I use this pack of organizers and assessments during reading workshop a lot.





 I hope you enjoy the prediction preview and find it useful. :)





Freebie Fridays

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie - the prediction packet looks great! My kiddos love prediction activities and this will be a great reinforcement activity.

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up!! :) you and I had the same thoughts for today's freebie! Mine is predictions too! :)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love My Cute Graphics clipart! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...