Friday, September 27, 2013

Five for Friday

 What a busy week! Happy Friday everyone. I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.

I'm lovin' the cute little number buttons you can download on their website.

We had parent teacher conferences Monday and Tuesday evening. Something I like to share with parents is their child's self-evaluation. I enjoy learning about the children's perspective on how they're doing and what they think of school. Here is my revised self-evaluation from the one that I posted last year. 



 Many of my children said through their self-evaluation that Reading Workshop was something they enjoyed about school! That was music to my ears.
                                                                        


We finished up rounding and moved to estimating sums this week. I concluded rounding with an activity called Scoot that I found from another blogger. The children scooted around the room from one task card to another. Each card contained a rounding task. They met with a partner when finished to compare answers. If their answers didn't match, they both went to that task card to determine the answer together. They did well collaborating with their partners. 






 I ended the week at a conference featuring of my favorite book authors on differentiated learning......Carol  Tomlinson! The title of today's conference was Differentiation and the Brain: how neuroscience supports the learner- friendly classroom. This is also title of her newest book. I will share some tips from this conference on my blog. She's amazing!


Finally, I want to give a shout out for the Breast Cancer Research Fundraiser at TPT during the month of October.   151 resources were donated for this project and divided into 7 booklets.They will be available October 1st. Proceeds will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 



 Have a great weekend! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...